Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Religous Leaders

16Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
John 7:16-18 NIV

In my Bible under the application section to verses it states the following:

Those who attempt to know God's will and do it will know intuitively that Jesus was telling the truth about himself. Have you ever listened to religous speakers and wondered if they were telling the truth? Test them: (1) their words should agree with, not controdrict, the Bible; (2) their words should point to God and his will, not to themselves.

No comments: