Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hell

This week I visited hell. Yes you guessed right, I was at a power plant. This particular unit has 8 corners on each level. Now you might ask how can a unit have 8 corners. Good question. There is a super heat side and a reheat side. It is actually like 2 boilers together, if that makes sense. I was up on the "C" deck and it was hot. There was little air movement and the temp was around 130. We were up on the deck for several hours. I drank 4 32 oz bottles of fluid and was still very thirsty when we left. I get to visit hell again next week. Except this time I will be working during the night and it should be a little cooler. Now, don't get me wrong here. I enjoy going to power plants. It is a great learning experience for me. I actually get to see how our products work in their environment. Besides, it's a great incentive to keep me focused on my faith as not to end up in eternal hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think I have your e-mail, so just wanted to tell you I saw Mom and Dad's graves yesterday. The flowers are doing well. Thanks!

Aren't you glad the hell you're experiencing now is the only hell you'll ever know?
Aunt Nancy