Sunday, September 02, 2007

Boycotting the Big Blue (Michigan Wolverines)

I've been a Michigan fan since I was in elementary, I would always root for them. Don't worry I would root for Ohio State also, but when it came to the big game it was all Michigan for me. That is, until September 1, 2007. The world saw the biggest upset unfolding in front of their eyes. I saw it in the first quarter. I knew Michigan was in trouble. Appalachian State dominated against Michigan at the big house.

I have come to the conclusion that I have had enough of Lloyd Carr, he needs to go. He is not able to prepare his team for the big games. Let's take a look at a brief history.

During the last 6 bowl games Michigan is 1-5
During the last 6 OSU games Michigan is 1-5
To add insult to injury Michigan is now forever linked as the only Top 25 team (top 5 team) to be beaten by a division I-AA team.

Until Lloyd Carr is fired or resigns I will not root for Michigan again. I will remain a homeless college football fan.

Go......

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I did fell a pinch of sorrow when I heard about the upset, because I knew you were a loyal blue and maize fan. But with both fists in the air running around the house like a child that just scored the last point in any other sport you think you could think of; I broke into song....(sung to the tune of We're in the Lord's Army, or what ever that tune is I can't remember...)

I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan,
the whole state of Michigan,
the whole state of Michigan,

I don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan, 'cause we're from OHIO!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should be a Penn State fan...