Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Settling In

We've been in our new house since Saturday and we are getting things put away and making it comfortable fairly quick. Thanks in part to all the great help we had on Saturday. Our house seems so much bigger since we have a usable basement now. We have put our office into the basement and their is also a full bath that I have adopted for my own.
Onto other things........
(Edited)***************************************************************************************
*****************************************************888
*****************************************************8
*********************************************8
*********************************************************8
********************************************************8
*****************************************************

Later-
....from the "pink house"

7 comments:

GipperBlog said...

I agree so much about titheing. It is very important, but should not be the central focus of church life. I think being welcoming, and providing a being a blessing to God and the community will take care of that.

Anonymous said...

"A Promise Keeper is committed to supporting the mission of his church by honoring and praying for his pastor, and by actively giving his time and resources."

Jake said...

I believe I am committed to supporting the mission of the church by honoring and praying for my pastor, I actively give my time. I believe that even though I do honor my pastor doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything he does.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got moved in and are coming up for air! How are you liking your new place?
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I don't thionk it is a question of to tithe or not to tithe it is a question of methods. if a church is a seeker oriented church then the talk of money should be at a minimum. This has been proven to be the number one topic to keep the 'unchurched' out of church. I pray that other churches will see this and not drive seekers away because of something that can be handeled in adifferent way. God Bless and Good Luck and as always in my prayers!

Jake said...

If you have read this post before I will have noticed that I edited my "frustrations" about the church out of the post. The reason I did this was because I should have taken my "frustrations" to the management team first and not aired them on a public venue.
The Bible is very clear how to handle these type of situations.

"If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell him—work it out between the two of you. If he listens, you've made a friend. If he won't listen, take one or two others along so that the presence of witnesses will keep things honest, and try again. If he still won't listen, tell the church. If he won't listen to the church, you'll have to start over from scratch, confront him with the need for repentance, and offer again God's forgiving love.
Matthew 5:15-17 The Message

Jake said...

Correction on the Bible Verse it actually comes from Matthew 18:15-17