Wednesday, March 01, 2006

On being a Christian

Yes, I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N as the old Sunday School song goes. But being a Christian does not mean I am perfect. I don't try to act like I am perfect. I go through the same struggles that everyone else goes through. At certian points of my life I have struggled with depression, suicide, sex, self-esteem, etc, etc, etc. When I walk through the church doors I don't try to be fake, like everything is honkerdorry (sp?). Let's be honest, life IS hard, it's difficult, and life is not a grand time at the beach. One of things that is different from a non-christian and a christian is that a christian has Christ helping to carry the load. Remember the poem "Footprints in the Sand"? Christ desires an intimate and personal relationship with you. As with any relationship it takes time to grow and mature. We can not go about it alone. The Christian faith is about community and relationships with other believers.

No comments: