Thursday, March 23, 2006

Feeling Numb

Last night I worked at the middle school until 11:15. I now have to go into an elementary school and be there by 6:30 am. I don't not like working these kind of hours back to back. At least I knew about this two days in advance. It is must better than waking up to a phone call at 6 in the morning to hear I need to go to a school to work.
I feel so numb this morning that I almost want to puke. Speaking of puke. Last night at the middle school, there was a mother/daughter dance from one of the elementary (actually the one I'm going to this morning). One of the girls puked in the cafeteria. Russ and I had to clean it up even though it was not in our area. The reason being was because the person working in that area had left for dinner. So being the professional custodians we are we cleaned up the mess instead of leaving it for her when she got back (some people would have just left it because it wasn't in their area). Before the dance I was checking the bathrooms on the first floor. Now part of our job with bathrooms is to throw away the feminine product bags. This task is not usually a problem. Except for tonight. All three containers were overflowing. The were used products on the floor of all three stalls. Mind you, I checked these boxes 1 hour after school let out. It's hard telling how long they had been overflowing. I can only surmise that they have been this since about lunch time. Which is sad because this means that the 2 day custodians were not doing their job. Hmmm.

More to follow, I must leave for my wonderful day of work as a custodian.

And, if you are ever at a school and a restroom is not clean, don't feel bad about going to the office about it.

No comments: