Thursday, January 22, 2009

Working hard to find work

I have been a little off this week. If you were to ask Delilah she would say I was feeling sorry for myself, which might be slightly true. I've been scrounging the net for job openings and have pretty much come up empty. I have had a couple of interviews but nothing substantial to date. I thought by getting my Associates degree it would open a few more doors to me, it hasn't, yet. I decided to sign up for a Facebook account to try and do some networking with old friends. By the way, it is amazing how many old friends/acquintances you can find on Facebook. I've found people that I have completely forgotten about. Anyways............ I started doing a little networking with some old contacts, I may have a job lead we will see where it goes and I will let you know what develops from it. So I have been working hard to find work. Maybe I should think about car insurance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to wanting to be a police officer?

Jake said...

It was a fleeting thought. I have a lot of those it seems like. I think it would be something I would enjoy, I don't want to have to move to Akron and then have to worry about what to do about schooling for the kids (Akron requires all city workers to live within Akron city limits). I have kept my eyes open for other opportunities in other cities.

Mandy said...

Take my advice, do not try car insurance! LOL