Monday, January 26, 2009

A quick trip

I spent this past weekend in WV. I took Jude and Elise with me. It was a very quick trip. I left Friday after Jude was out of school and we headed back late Sunday morning. Jude was all excited to go on Thurday night but Friday morning he changed his mind. I He told me he didn't want to go with me. Well, just as I was telling Delilah bye to head out the door with Elise, Jude decided to change his mind and go with me. It was a mad rush to get him packed. I think both kids had a fun time. They got to spend time with Miles and Ashley and Mamaw most of Saturday. I'm thinking about heading back down this weekend and Elise is ready to go. She wants to go today.
It was a bit on the chilly side, low 30's. Saturday morning we put up three large bales of hay in the vacation rentals barn loft they weighed probably 1,000 pounds each, we had to use the front end loader to get this task completed. We finally started working on the pig barn around 11 am. We moved some stone around to get the floor leveled out and completed one end of the barn. The barn is coming along pretty good. It now has a metal roof, one side, and the back walls finished. If I head back I might steal the camera from Delilah.

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

We put the joists up and we basically got the front sided this morning. It is almost ready for animals.

delilah said...

That camera can be all yours.......you know what to do!