Friday, October 17, 2008

A day off

Today Jude didn't have school. I told him earlier in the week that on Friday he wouldn't have school. I asked him if we would want to go the Akron Zoo if it was nice out. He said he wanted to go. I told him I would check the weather to see and that we would have to wait until Friday to make the final decision about it. He seemed fine with waiting until Friday to decide. Well, as it turned out, th weather wasn't perfect but at least it wasn't raining. I contemplated whether to go in the morning or in the afternoon. I knew it would be a little warmer in the afternoon but decided to go in the morning. We went to the zoo and it was nice to go when we did. There were only 4 or 5 other families at the zoo with us when we arrived. It was a bit on the cool side but the kids didn't seem to mind at all. We were able to take our time walking, err running through the zoo. The kids had fun because they were able to run off in front of me with out being swallowed by a crowd of people. The animals were very active. The jauguar was doing laps around his pen and walking right past the window. We actually heard one of the lions rumble out some sounds, they weren't full fledged roars but I think it might of scared Jude and Elise a little. One of the nice things was that we were able to take our time through the jelly fish. We went last time it was so crowded. Actually I can't think of an animal that wasn't inactive. We made it through the zoo in a hour and a half. Perfect amount of time for youngsters. When I put Avery into the van after the zoo her poor little hands were cold. The Akron Zoo might be the closest thing we can come to Disney vacations.

No comments: