Friday, April 21, 2006

Not your normal hospital

The Cleveland Clinic Foundation is not your normal run of the mill hospital. I'm talking about first class with a capital "C". Because of this I have decided to dedicate the next several posts about the the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Don't worry, Tuesday's are still reserved for Lady.

The first thing you notice when you walk through the doors of the Cleveland Clinic is the utmost respect everyone is treated. This respect resonates through the clinic; the custiodial crew, door-men, dietary aides, nurse aides, nurses, and doctors.

While at the Cleveland Clinic my room was located on the 8th floor of the "G" wing. I'm not sure how many wings there are but I think it went through "M". Every morning a young man would buff the floors. Now I'm not just talking about the main aisle but actually your room floor. He would politely ask if you minded him buffing your floor. (It was kind of noisey) He would take most of the furniture out of the room and then continue on with buffing the floor. Needless to say the floors were spotless and sparked in the sun.

As many of you know I was at one time a custodian at a local school district, I hadn't seem floors this clean in a long time. I can almost guarantee the hospital custodians made less than half what school custodians make.

Needless to say the Cleveland Clinic was a(re) very clean building(s). I was very impressed with the cleanliness.

More to come tomorrow.

No comments: