Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm still around

I've really fallen off track with keeping posting on this blog. Since Jude started school and I am doing my own course work, I've really cut back my time on the internet. I've fallen in a routine of taking advantage of the quietness when the 2 younger ones are taking their naps. I'm able to get about 2 hours of course work done each day. Except for this week of course. This week has been a little bit crazy. Our kitchen drain backed up pretty bad Monday night. So Tuesday we had our friend Steve come out and take a look at it, he owns his own home repair business. He replaced the drain coming down from the sink going into the stack. Well, it didn't take care of the problem. There ended up being a blockage in the main drain under the concrete floor. He called to call his guy out that takes care of the major plumbing issues with his equipment to snake out the drain. There had been years and years and years of grease buildup in the drain. He finally got it unclogged after about 2 1/2 hours. There has been no problems since then. The drain which was replaced from the kitchen sink needed to be replaced anyways because it was galvanized steel and was starting to rust through one of the joints. In the midst of all of the drain issues I have been preparing for an Experiencing God bible study at our house that we had last night. Almost enough activity for me to start acne treatments. There never seems to be a dull moment in the Miller household.

No comments: