Monday, February 11, 2008

Traveling

The one thing that I don’t like about my job is the traveling. Well not actually the traveling part but staying at the hotel. I would much rather be at home with my family. If we had a live in nanny or if we could afford it I would have the family travel with me on some of my trips. The trip to Maine would have been a good trip for them to travel on with me. Some trips would be much harder for the family to travel with me. One nice thing about having the main account I have is that when I head towards VA, WV, KY the family can travel with and we are able to stay at my parents’ house as they are a nice distance from a lot of plants I have to visit. I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I love my job. I love being in power plants. Since I love my job and love being in power plants it requires me to travel. Also, if I want to make decent money and hold onto my job I have to travel to plants. Sometimes it requires just an over night or a couple of nights. The beginning of this week I am in Portland, Maine, later on the in the week I may be required to be in Kentucky for a start up. The day is yet to be set. I am at the mercy of the power plant.

Next week I am scheduled to be in Southern Indiana and the following week in Seattle, Washington. I am starting to believe that every month is the busy month. We were told to cut back on travel unless it is required to make a sale or for technical services during the last 2 months of our fiscal year. Instead of travel cutting back, I believe it has increased for everyone.

Some of the best times I have had with my family are when we traveled to the Outer Banks. We have been there twice (I think) we had a great time as a family. This summer we are heading to Camden, Maine for vacation. I cannot wait until I can eat a bunch of lobster. Later.

Oh by the way, I have decided I’m going to change my blog picture every once in a while. I love power plants.

No comments: