Monday, August 22, 2011

Changes

It is hard to believe that summer is winding down, and school starts for the the kids this week. Jude is entering the 3rd grade, he is growing up so fast. Elise is entering the 1st grade and Avery is still in pre-school. Next year they will be in the same school. I'm sure that will be interesting.

I didn't really want to talk about my kids in this post. Don't get me wrong, now. I love my kids and I love talking about my kids. I just didn't want to start a post with a BAM!!!

Delilah has accepted a position in Tennessee doing what she loves, social work. It is a great opportunity for her. It will give her the opportunity to move up in her field and also she will be able to start her Master's in Social Work, and according to the information I have it will be paid for by her employer. It really is a great opportunity for her.......

I have been forced to make a gut wrenching decision, one that I didn't want to have to make. At first, as recently as 2 weeks ago, I was adamantly apposed to having my children move 8 hours away from me. Early last week I opened myself to the idea of it and on Friday Delilah and I had our expectations written out. But, something changed over the weekend for me. I started to have 2nd thoughts about it. After all they are my children and I love them. Yesterday and today was a very tough day for both of us. I spoke with my attorney today and gained some insight on the process and I talked to my mom a lot about my choices. I prayed, thought, prayed and finally made a decision.

I was looking at two options I could make. The first option, would have gone through the court in determining what was in the best interest of the kids. This would have forced Delilah to move to TN without the kids and the kids would have lived with me until a court decision was made. This would have been a great option for me personally. The second option was to take myself out of the equation and focus only on the kids and their future in relation to Delilah. I choose the second option. The kids will be moving with her over Labor Day weekend to Tennessee.

So, BAM!!! There you have it. Like I said earlier this is not a choice I wanted to make. In all I do I try to put the kids first. Just thinking about being 8 hours away from my kids brings tears to my eyes.

No comments: