Friday, May 01, 2009

In a nutshell

Has really almost been a month since I last posted? To be honest I really haven't felt the desire to write anything. But I knew I would need to get on here eventually to write something.

Delilah and I have been spending time outside working on the yard and garden. Our landlord had a garden spot several years ago, so we decided that we were going to plant a garden in the same spot. We had a box garden when we lived in Goodyear Heights and we miss the ability to walk outside and pick fresh veggies off the vine. We are going to plant corn, peppers, tomatoes, beans, peas, carrots, radishes, onions and cabbage. I'm sure I have forgotten a veggie that we are going to plant but you get the idea. Delilah is using the square foot method of planting the garden. She has it all planned out on paper and how it is going to be planted. She even setup guide lines in the garden. Now our garden spot looks like a huge graph paper. If all works out we will have bountiful garden this year. Cuyahoga Falls has a community garden spot for $8 for a 20' by 20' plot. Unfortunately we missed out on it because I called a week after we could sign up for it and all the spots were already taken.

Can it be true? Jude has just over a month of school left? This school year seemed to have gone by so fast. I can not believe that my little boy is almost finished with kindergarten. We bought Jude and Elise a Brain Quest workbook to work on over the summer. We want to keep his brain growing so it will be easier for him in the fall when he begins 1st grade.

Jude and Elise are both enjoying soccer. Jude is timid on the field and will not attack the ball when he is on defense. On offense he does pretty good. He is in the correct position waiting for the ball, unfortunately in U6 there isn't much passing that takes place. Elise is doing fairly well..... when she decides to play and not hang off my leg during the game when I am trying to "coach" the players. Last Saturday I actually picked up and swung her so she would kick the ball. The parents got a kick out of it.

I am taking classes at the U of Akron this summer. I will be working towards my bachelors in accounting. I will be taking 2 classes which are 5 weeks long each. My first class begins May 18th. I will be taking Principles of Accounting and then Microeconomics. I am excited about the accounting class, does that make me a geek? It will take me a while to finish up my degree but I will have to keep plugging away at it.

I think that is it in a nutshell.

No comments: